Text: Psalm 37:1-9, Matthew 7:11-20
When you look around, 70% of Christians are not born-again. Many of them have abandoned things that can promote and prosper them. They pursue worldly things that can’t prosper them by allowing flesh to take control. Many have lost the presence of God because of their bad character. They’ve neglected the fact that it is only the presence of God that can make them prosper, live long and be fulfilled in life. For you to prosper in life, you must always strive to please God and have good character. Bad and strange character has pushed good things away from people. This is the major reason why people lack favour.
FEW FACTS ABOUT CHARACTER:
·Character gives access to greatness: A fellow with good character is prone to prosperity and greatness in life. This is not so with a fellow with bad character. Joseph had an exemplary character and lifestyle, God rewarded him and made him great. This means character is the access to one’s greatness.
·Character can promote and can also demote: The book of 1 Samuel 25:3 has documentary of a man called Nabal who had strange and bad character. He lost his life as a result of this.
1 Samuel 25:3
Now the name of the man was Nabal; and the name of his wife Abigail: and she was a woman of good understanding, and of a beautiful countenance: but the man was churlish and evil in his doings; and he was of the house of Caleb.
A little insight on the passage reveals the stupidity of Nabal towards the goodwill he received from David who protected his livestock from attacks. When it was time for him to appreciate David, he became cunny, ill-mannered and saucy. His wife Abigail, immediately intervened by applying her wisdom to quench David’s anger. Careful research in the bible reveals that those with good character receive promotion.
·Character gives access to your wealth: With good character, doors will be opened unto you, God will help you to meet good people that will promote divine acceleration in your life.
·Character can silence the voice of the giant: With good character, the giant harassing your life can be silenced. At times, you may not be the one to fight but the people around you may fight that giant for your sake. Many times, giants/enemies can be silenced and paralysed because of your good character.
I have heard of a case where a woman was to be attacked by an enemy. On the enemy’s arrival, the woman entertained him with great hospitality. The enemy looked at the woman and confessed his mission without doing anything. That was how the woman escaped.
Another is a case where a Business Partner sent an Assassin to kill his colleague. When the assassin arrived the victim’s house and was about to kill him, he looked at his face and recognized the man’s face as someone who helped him when his wife was sick. They met at the hospital and the man helped him with his wife’s bills without knowing anything about him. That was how the assassin left the man and could not kill him. I pray for you reading this bulletin that God will help you in the name of Jesus. Beloved, it is good to be good and it is good to have good character.
·Character can frustrate the camp of the enemy: Your good character can scatter the camp of your enemies by causing confusion in their midst.
·Character can bring pains: Any person with bad character is prone to see pains. I plead the mercy of God over the reader of this bulletin who has bad character; that God should remould his/her life and re-direct your destiny in the name of Jesus. Amen.
FACTS ABOUT NEGATIVE CHARACTER:
·Negative character brings physical and spiritual blindness. When you are blind, you will not be able to see good things. Such a fellow is open to attacks and their destiny helpers can also be attacked. With bad character, helpers will be withdrawn. See Isaiah 42:16-17
Those that have good character, God will remove blindness from them, will show them the way, will not forsake them, and will bless them.
· A man with a negative character have an attitude of too-know:
Don’t claim to know everything. Acknowledge your wrongs and make amends. Correct yourself and avoid future punishments.
· Lack of knowledge: Lack of knowledge will make a man poor forever.
· Pride: Pride can make somebody to lose his/her blessings. Those who are supposed to help will flee.
· Unrighteous words: Evil and negative words must be abolished totally. There’s need to work on our tongue very well because what
comes out of your mouth can nullify what God has for you or the blessings coming towards you. Mind what you say despite the level of provocation.
· Unnecessary quarrels must be avoided: The person you are quarrelling with might be the one God wants to use and bless you. Unnecessary quarrels between couples will constantly rob them of favour.
· Attitude of borrowing: If you are the kind of person that borrows all the time, you will not be able to live a stable life. Don’t borrow. Seek God’s blessing and be focused. When you focus on the Lord and believe that He is the only one that can help and satisfy you, then promotion will come your way. But when you borrow from different persons, you will not be able to live a balanced life.
Decree this to yourself; my Father, arise, bless and prosper me in the name of Jesus.
WHAT TO DO FOR YOU TO PROSPER:
· Humble yourself: You must humble yourself for God to lift and prosper you.
· Giving with wisdom: Do not give what you cannot afford. Do not give outside while your home is suffering.
· You must ask for divine wisdom that can generate wealth: Ask questions from successful people on how God blessed them. Seek their counsels and what measures they employed on their success story then you can follow their good footsteps.
· Another thing you must do is paying of your tithe: Some people pray that God should bless them, open the windows of heaven and prosper them when they are not paying their tithes. Tithe is the account you open in Heaven. What you send is what you receive after being multiplied. If you do not sow anything to God, to receive will be difficult. When you pay your tithe, prosperity becomes easy.
· Study, claim and hold on to the word of God. The more of the word of God is in you, the more His blessings. Give yourself to bible teachings.
· Show appreciation: Have an appreciating attitude always especially to Jesus.
· My Father, arise and prosper me in the name of Jesus.
· Any negative character in my life that is hindering my blessings, die in the name of Jesus.
· Negative character in my life that is bringing insult to my destiny, disappear in the name of Jesus.
· Where is the Lord God of Elijah; arise and transform my life by your power, in the name of Jesus.
· Thou God of Elijah; arise and speak successes and blessings to my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
· Any power anywhere using forces of darkness to manipulate my life and my blessings away from me, die, in the name of Jesus.
· Anything representing me in the coven that is used to torment me and afflict me; catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
· Power to pursue my original Divine agenda, come upon me, in the name of Jesus.
· Anointing to prosper and to be greater than my ancestors, fall upon me, in the name of Jesus.
· Destiny kidnappers, I am not your candidate therefore go back to your sender and die, in the name of Jesus.
· Where is the Lord God of Elijah? Arise and change my position, in the name of Jesus.