Text: Psalm 92: 12-15
12The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. 13. Those that are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. 14. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; 15. To shew that the Lord is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteous in him.
We the children of God are supposed to be rooted and established in Christ. When you are in Christ, no demons, sickness nor dark powers will be able to overcome you. God guarantees your prosperity when you are rooted in Him. Witches and wizards will not be able to turn your life upside down. He ensures you live a fulfill life and also back you up. Root is the most important part of a tree. The life and strength of every tree is in its roots. In contrast, the strength of every house is in the foundation. The house is bound to collapse if the foundation has fault. A faulty root would always show on a tree. It will affect the fruits even the leaves. Likewise, in man, God is your support and your root. If you allow sin into your life, it will fault and collapse your foundation. Just as the root of the tree is invisible, God is invisible. He is always with you. You will be nothing and empty if God leaves you.
In Romans 11:16 “for if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches”. This scripture reveals that if God you relied on is holy then you too must be holy. He is your foundation. This is why repentance is a paramount. Some believers will say that they surrendered to Jesus but looking inwardly, their lifestyle is questionable. You can’t live holy without repentance. 2Cor. 5:13-17, 2Cor. 13:5-10, 2Peter 1:4-11. If a man is in Christ, he is a new creature, old things passed away and he or she is a new creature. When Jesus Christ is in man, it will be difficult for that person to commit sin. Anyone who is not rooted in Christ is blind. God hates sinners. You must repent genuinely to maintain your stand with God in building Eternity. Repentance biblically is the changing of heart. When you repent of your sins and born again, it will definitely show with a proof. A sinner is dead person notwithstanding whether you alive. Repentance is the first step in which we take towards God. By doing so, you’ll regret your past’s actions and also be sorrowful for that past. Act 17:30 “and the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent”.
Repentance is not
- Feeling guilty. Guilt comes before repentance. Acts 24:25. It is not enough to be sorry for your sins 2Cor 7:12. Godly sorry brings repentance and salvation while worldly sorry brings death.
- Just trying to be a good person before people. You can pretend before your parents, pastors and leaders but you can’t pretend before God. Isaiah 64:6
- Becoming religious. Some people don’t miss any church activities while some are on time to church activities, yet, there are very far from God. Matthew 5:20. Some so called pastors are committing immorality. Some choristers commit immorality and abortion. Some are moving from their sex partner’s house to church. Matthew 3:7-10
- Just knowing the truth. James 2:19-20 some know the truth but refused to obey or embrace it. They look closer but are very far from the truth.
What is True Repentance?
- True repentance is to be sorry to God for your sins. Psalm 51, Psalm 38:8. David lamented for the mercy of God because of the trouble in his heart.
- It is being truthful about your sins. Accept your faults. Don’t shifts blame just like our first parents. Move away from all liars. Psalm 32:5 I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. When you confess your sins, God will embrace and welcome you to His fellowship. Read 1 John1:8.
- It is to turn away from sins. Total submission to God is required. 2Cor. 5:17, Proverbs 28:13 renounce them.
- True repentance is to hate sin with perfect hatred. Hebrew 1:9.
- To restitute with all reasonable restitution like Zacheaus in Luke 19:8. Let go things and properties that are not yours. Burn fake certificates.
Many people want the power of God, miracles, breakthroughs, total healing and freedom from powers of darkness. The question is; have you surrendered all, repented and changed? For the power of God to manifest in you, you must be rooted in Christ. Examine yourself and think of everything that was planted by the devil. It could be bitterness, hatred, lack of forgiveness, sickness, diseases, disappointments, adultery, fornication, gossips, strive, lies and fear. Ask God to uproot them all. The plans of God are for you to be established, fulfilled and prosper in Him. All God wants is your genuine repentance. By doing so, He will arise and become your rock. Amen.
Take this confessional prayer;
Father, anything in my life that will not allow you to answer me speedily or standing against my answers; Father by your power, forgive me in the name of Jesus.
I pray for you now that may the mercy of God swallow all your sins as you confess all to Him in Jesus name. I speak your purification by the May the blood of Jesus speak purification in your lives in Jesus name.
Action Point: You’ll see the attributes of God in every aspect of your life when there’s genuine repentance.