Text and Teaching Scripture: Ps.33:9, Lam.3:37
To have the final say is to have sole authority, total control, final decision or conclusion over any matter, case or issue.
Jehovah, the Almighty God, has sole authority and the final say on all issues of life. He is the Creator of the whole universe, the Eternal One, Everlasting King, Father of the whole creation, He is the Maker, God the Head, Author, Lord and the I AM that I AM.
One Nigerian praise worship song says;
“Who has the final say? Jehovah has the final say. Jehovah turns my live around. He makes a way, where there seems no way. Jehovah has the final say.”
Why has He the final say? He does because;
- He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending. Rev 1:8.
- He is the author and finisher of our faith. Heb12:2.
- He formed us and controls our destiny. Jer1:5.
- He owns the earth and everything that is therein. Ps24:1.7.
- His power is incomparable and His strength is awesome.
- He reigns without a rival, because the army of heaven are on standby to carry out His wishes and commands.
- When He issues a decree, no power on Earth or in Hell can annul it.
- When He stretches forth His hand, no one can turn it back.
- He is capable of destroying every satanic network targeted against you.
The following Scripture references, unveils the Authority and Supremacy of God
- Lam 3:37– “Who can speak and have it happen if the Lord does not decree it?
- Ps 33:9 and 11 says, “For it spoke and it came to be, he commanded, and it stood firm”. But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations”.
- Mark 4:39 says; “He (Jesus) got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, ‘Quite! Be Still!’ The wind died down and it was completely calm.” Peter also confirmed that whatever they were able to do was in the name of Jesus and also at His command.
- Exodus 14:1-31 has the story of how the Egyptians were pursuing the Israelites. When the Israelites became weary and afraid and thought it would have been better if Moses had left them to die in Egypt, Moses encouraged them still. And the Lord said to Moses, “Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on. Raise your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground.” As the Lord said, so it came to pass that the Israelites passed the sea on dry ground. Again The Lord said to Moses in v26, “Stretch out your hand over the sea so that the waters may flow back over the Egyptians and their chariots and horsemen. As the Lord said, so it was and the Chariots and the horsemen were all covered with water and none of them survived. God’s word was final over this issue.
- In Luke 12:16-20, Jesus made it clear that God had the final say with the explanation He gave regarding the parable of the rich fool. The rich fool thought to himself that because he had plenty, it was time for him to store up and to take life easy, eat, drink and be merry. But God said to him, “You fool, this very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?” This simply confirms that God has the final say over all, including our existence and life.
- In John 8:1-11 Jesus made a statement which was final as far as the case of the adulterous woman was concerned. Her accusers were ready to stone her to death but Jesus said in V7″ Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw stone at her.” They left one by one until only Jesus was left with her. And Jesus said, ” Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” No one sir, she said. Then neither do I condemn you .Go now and sin no more!” So Jesus set her free.
- In Mark 5:38-42, there was commotion, crying and wailing in Jairus’s house for her daughter who was dying. As Jairus, the synagogue leader, was pleading with Jesus, people came from his house to report that his daughter was dead and that there was no need for Jesus to come again. But Jesus went in and said, “Why all the commotion and wailing? The child is not dead but asleep. Jesus took her by the hand and said to her” Talitha Cumi; “(which means)” little girl, I say to you, get up!” The girl got up immediately and Jesus ordered, she must be given something to eat. In other words, even over death, He has the final say.
- Also in Isaiah 38:1-5; Hezekiah was sick the point of death. Prophet Isaiah brought a message to him,” This is what The Lord says, Put your house in order, because you are going to die, you will not recover.” Hezekiah prayed and also reminded God of how devoted and faithful he had been and he also wept bitterly. Then God sent Isaiah to him again, “Go and tell Hezekiah, the God of your father David says, I have heard your prayer and seen your tears. I will add fifteen years to your life. So as the Lord said extra fifteen years was added to his life.
Be that as it may, brethren, you are being admonished to let God have His ways expressly in all issues of your life.
The Salient Questions are;
- What are those things in your life?
- Brethren, do you think you are in control?
- What of the forces and effects of internal demons in your life?
Jehovah the Almighty has the final say and total control over your ministry, business, profession, home, life and all you think about.
He even decides when you will leave this world and go yonder.
He decides your final abode as well. Therefore, it will be wise to surrender all to Him and let Him have His way and take the lead.